Hi Dave, It appears that the patch doesn't quite work, now 20 tests failed instead of 2. The log files are attached as a tar ball. I have tried running the tests on the old source as well as on fresh new git clone. In any case, 20 tests failed. I wonder why this happens. Cheers, Alex 2015-09-08 3:42 GMT+08:00, Thompson, David : > On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 9:47 PM, Alex Vong wrote: >> Hi Dave, >> >> I have searched the internet according to the information you provided, >> I find this bug report provides >> useful information. >> I have written an example program after going through the clone(2) man >> page. >> It demonstrates the problem and is inlined below. >> >> First, compile the program as `a.out'. >> >> Consider shell session 1: >> >> root# echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/unprivileged_userns_clone >> user$ ./a.out >> I am your parent >> Start cloning... >> Cannot clone! >> >> Consider shell session 2: >> >> root# echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/unprivileged_userns_clone >> user$ ./a.out >> I am your parent >> Start cloning... >> Cloned! >> I am your child >> >> Any idea what's happenning? >> I don't know Linux much, for instance I don't know what is container and >> namespace in Linux. > > It seems that the kernel you are using has disabled the use of > unprivileged user namespaces by default. After doing that echo as > root, you should be able to run the tests successfully. Could you > apply the attached patch and let me know if 'make check > TESTS=tests/syscalls.scm' and 'make check TESTS=tests/containers.scm' > pass in both when unprivileged user namespaces are disabled and when > they are enabled? > > Thank you! > > - Dave >