Hey there, have been working on hyprland recently, I have got plugins working in my hyprland service, Each plugin can be built to a shared object and then referenced in the config plugins: https://gitlab.com/lucyCole/GuixChannel/-/blob/main/lucyChannel/packages/hyprlandPlugins.scm?ref_type=heads service: https://gitlab.com/lucyCole/GuixConfig/-/blob/main/variationAndSource/existingSystemOperation/home/services/temporary.scm?ref_type=heads#L278 I also made a tomlplusplus package and submitted it to the rosenthal repo but yh could probably just go in guix https://github.com/rakino/Rosenthal/pull/13/files#diff-43c57fc1a44f0d3b5b7642f365df293ffada6ebe4e756ac1ce08ba849f38e361R155 On Sat, 24 Feb 2024 at 20:48, hutzdog wrote: > Hi all, > > I've been working on moving over to GNU Guix recently, and have hit a > roadblock: there is no package for Hyprland (the one WLRoots based > compositor with single window capture and automatic window swallowing that > I know of). I've taken the liberty of packaging the latest version (see > https://git.sr.ht/~hutzdog/patchwork/tree/master/item/patchwork/packages/desktop.scm > for the package), but there are some changes that need to happen in order > for it to be upstreamed (as of v0.35.0). > > # Pending Patches > The following existing patches need to be merged: > LibInput -> 1.25.0 (https://issues.guix.gnu.org/68844) > LibDRM -> 2.4.120 (https://issues.guix.gnu.org/68845) > > # New Patches > The following new patches will need to be created (I intend to submit > these at some point in the near future): > Cairo -> 1.18.0 (requires moving to Meson, I have a mostly complete set of > changes to make it work) > Toml++ (package will be sent as a patch soon) > Hyprlang (for xdg-desktop-portal-hyprland, will publish after Hyprland) > > ## HWData > As with packages using the release versions of WLRoots, due to how Guix > packages HWData a patch is needed to make Meson find it. We have a few > options: maintain a parallel package which simply farms all outputs of > HWData as symlinks and adds the pkg-config file, maintain a patch on a much > more volatile version of WLRoots, or find some other solution. > > # Hyprland > This will allow me to submit packages for Hyprland and its XDG Desktop > Portal at version 0.35.0 (the latest release). As it's one of the more > popular Wayland compositors out there, I think it is worth adding it to the > repos. For now, the package is available through my Guix channel (fair > warning, it is still very WIP and I wouldn't recommend using it yet outside > of maybe pulling the Hyprland packages). I look forward to working with > Guix (Scheme is certainly a breath of fresh air after dealing with Nix for > a while) and contributing to its ecosystem. > > --Hutzdog