all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: Issues with Haskell's ghc
@ 2019-08-03 10:15 Prateem Mandal
From: Prateem Mandal @ 2019-08-03 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi,

I could not figure out how to respond to an existing thread so I reused the
subject line and below is the copy of email body sent on July 1, 2019 by
Vasilii Kolobkov

> I've run aground with Haskell's ghc (interpreter works fine) - running
> ghc on a basic hello world program fails.  I identified couple issues:
>
>  - Include directory for linux headers wasn't passed to gcc
>    (`C_INCLUDE_PATH=/gnu/... ghc` fixed it)
>  - Lib C's crti.o and crt1.o where not found during linking
>    (fixed with `LIBRARY_PATH=/gnu/... ghc`)
>  - libgmp and libffi aren't passed to linker's -rpath
>
> If anybody uses Haskell here, i'd appreciate any insights on what might
> be the root cause here.

I am facing the same issue. I could resolve the second issue including
glibc in the ad-hoc list while creating the environment (and I never
hit the first issue). However I am now stuck with the third issue. In
the original thread there was no resolution to this issue. Any idea
how this can be fixed?

Thanks
Prateem

* Issues with Haskell's ghc