Hi Danny, On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 9:50 AM Danny Milosavljevic wrote: > > >From the solutions we do have so far, I believe that making user > > > accounts an explicit part of service configuration (in what shape may > > > still be up for debate), > > Not everything needs to be user configurable. You suggest having these > kinds > of things especially user-configurable as a work-around for them not being > stable, right? Or do you want it in general? > > I would like to avoid them here, if only needed for that reason. > > Is there a need for using custom service UIDs? > I think if so, that is independent of this bug report, which asked for > stable UIDs and GIDs. > As far as I know, stability is sufficient for me, but Leo raised some cases where specific values would ease migration. An /etc/passwd seed file seems like another reasonable way to handle that, but I haven't investigated how difficult this change would be compared adding new knobs in operating-system.