Hello, Simon Tournier ezt írta (időpont: 2023. febr. 14., K 13:25): > Hi, > > On dim., 12 févr. 2023 at 01:14, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > > >> There is an idea to update guix refresh --list-dependent to handle the > >> case with inherited packages as well. WDYT? > > > > Unfortunately, it’s not possible because inheritance info isn’t > > available at run time. > My idea here was to rescan the source with a minimal scanner and build up an inheritance aware dependency graph. We could then make this information available in some way, but about that part I did not think about too much yet. Another thing that could possibly work is to enrich the package with inheritance information, but I am not sure that this can be done in a backwards compatible way. Wdyt? > > Well, with the current implementation of ’inherit’, which is just > copy/paste at the record level, indeed it is not possible to detect some > relationship. > > However, we could imagine to use ’package/inherit’ or another variant > instead of plain ’inherit’ for creating these inherited packages. Doing > so, we could collect some information, e.g., in the field ’properties’, > which could be used then by --list-dependent. > > Many of us are bitten by this. I remember a recent update of Git which > also missed the dependency of git-minimal. :-) > > For sure, QA helps a lot. Somehow, braces and belt. ;-) > > > Cheers, > simon > Regards, g_bor > > > >