Hi Ludo and Ricardo, The 'uridecodebin' error is a result of GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH not being set. However, the recent patch to gstreamer adds that to its native search paths, so that error should be resolved now on an updated system. I had a line defining GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH in my .bashrc, but I was able to remove it after that patch was applied. Rhythmbox is working without errors for me. I've also realized that some of the packages I put under inputs should probably be propagated inputs, so I'm attaching an updated patch which changes that. I am currently using guix over ubuntu. Thanks, David On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 6:44 AM, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > > >> So, I applied the patch, built rhythmbox, and installed it into a > >> separate profile. It starts up fine and begins importing files from > >> ~/Music but I get a *lot* of import errors: > >> > >> “Couldn’t create ‘uridecodebin’ element” > >> > >> I see this for a great many ogg and mp3 files in my ~/Music directory > >> under “Import Errors”. In fact, none of my audio files in ~/Music were > >> imported at all. > > > > Any update on this one? > > Well, I still get this error and I don’t know if I need to do anything > after installation to make this work. It very much looks like a > gstreamer error to me, but I don’t have the time to investigate this > soon. > > David, is Rhythmbox working for without any such errors? Are you using > GuixSD? > > ~~ Ricardo > >