Hey everyone! I am Shivam Madlani, an undergraduate at DAIICT, India. I want to participate in GSoC'23 for The GNU organization. The project "Decentralized substitute distribution" in GUIX amused me and I want to apply for the same. I have been in touch with the project mentor -pukkamustard for over a month now and started learning more about the project. I'm very excited to work on this project as it lies in my interests. I've drafted a proposal on this project and I aim to add a transport protocol-Sneakernet. This will allow the substitutes to be air-gappable. My approach is to use SQLite to store the ERIS encoded substitute in the external drive using a custom schema. This is just a brief overview of the project and more details are included in the attached proposal. I would love to hear your thoughts and reviews on my proposal and hopefully improve it by filling in any missing key points. Thank you, Shivam