"*Hats off to Tobias Kortkamp for pinpointing the issue so confidently and so quickly*" Yes, that was impressive :) "*Should 'rustscan' perhaps become part of Guix?*" In fact I have that in mind, yes! Initially however, I did use this pattern (see "*Howto supply cargo-build-system dependency to guix package definition* "). And seemingly got a different package definition. guix import crate -r rustscan guix build -L ~/dotfiles/ rust-rustscan-2 RustScan/RustScan versions haven't changed since I first tried to do this. So I'm happy to work with you to add rustscan to Guix. As a part of that exercise, - is there a way to make that process repeatable? - Can we ensure the current package definition works on all systems? Thanks Tim On Tue, 23 May 2023 at 12:54, Felix Lechner wrote: > Hi Timothy, > > On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 12:31 AM Timothy Washington > wrote: > > > > Yes that was it! I added "(native-inputs (list perl python))" to my > package definition. > > > > $ guix build -L ~/dotfiles/ rust-rustscan # A. Now builds again! > > Hats off to Tobias Kortkamp for pinpointing the issue so confidently > and so quickly! We have a lot of amazing packaging talent on this > list. > > > i. Using a direct "guix build" gives you a directory in "/gnu/store". > And you can add that bin to your PATH. > > You may wish to have a look at 'guix shell'. It does something very > similar via an intermediate collection of symlinks that look like an > aggregate file tree, which we call a profile. > > > I'm attaching the full package definition to this email. > > Should 'rustscan' perhaps become part of Guix? I'd be happy to assist > with preparing such a patch while preserving your authorship. > > Kind regards > Felix >