Here is a tiny update to this patch; I noticed after I sent it originally that there was a formatting typo in the guix.texi changes. Update attached. Has anyone had a chance to try out the patch or take a look at it? I do use this in some daily work, for a project that uses Python's poetry shell and the Playwright libraries (uses browser binaries it downloads to do web automation). Here is the command I use, where since I need to use browsers in the container just getting the development inputs for ungoogled-chromium is a nice shortcut. The share/expose is to get all graphical/hardware acceleration working. ~/path/to/guix-source/pre-inst-env guix shell -C -F -N poetry coreutils gcc:lib -D ungoogled-chromium --share=$HOME/temphome=$HOME --preserve='^DISPLAY$' --preserve='^XAUTHORITY$' --share=$XAUTHORITY -- "poetry shell" All works great and is very handy for doing this on my Guix machine.