There's a trick for patches: they are loaded from the search path, so you can add the file to any empty directory and add that directory to the load path. For instance, if you have ~/guix-patches/my.patch, then you can build a package that looks for my.patch with: guix build -L ~/guix-patches Le 13 novembre 2022 19:54:03 GMT+01:00, Garek Dyszel a écrit : >I'm in UTC-0400, so your first email arrived in my inbox at around >04:00. Sorry I didn't see these! > >At 10:17 2022-11-13 UTC+0100, Julien Lepiller wrote: >>> I tried building your file (it's technically not a manifest) and >>> indeed it's failing in the chack-findlib-path. > >You're right that it's not a manifest. I had put a (packages->manifest) >invocation at the end of the file to see why coq-elpi wasn't building. >Later I just threw a package at the end when testing it later, and >forgot that the file then became a package file. > >>> Why do you want to run it? > >I knew that ocamlfind wasn't able to find the file coq-elpi.elpi when >building coq-mathcomp-hierarchy-builder. I was trying to test for the >presence of that file... > >>> There's no way it could work at this point, right after the check >>> phase, since the package is not even installed yet. > >...and I thought that the phase 'check' came after the phase 'install' >for some reason :/ > >>> Also, the OCAMLPATH that would allow findlib to find it is not set to >>> the outputs, only to the inputs. > >Looks like I'll need to take a closer look at ocaml-build-system! > >At 11:53 2022-11-13 UTC+0100, Julien Lepiller wrote: >> So, I've had a further look at the sources for the failing packages >> and figured that some variables were missing in the make-flags. > >Tweaking the make-flags is exactly what's been occupying my time for the >last few months off and on, yep :) > >> Attached is the fixed version of your file that builds >> coq-mathcomp-analysis. > >Wow! Thanks so much! I can finally move to using it instead of building >it, although trying to get it to build was still a lot of fun :) > >> Note that the build of mathcomp-analysis is >> very quiet and takes a long time, but it works eventually. > >For anybody else who might be reading this thread, it took about 12 >minutes to build on my system. I ran 'guix gc' beforehand to get an >accurate number: >$ until guix gc && time guix build -Kf coq-mathcomp-analysis.scm;\ >$ do sleep 0.1; done >... > >real 11m18.769s >user 0m7.332s >sys 0m0.490s > >Out of curiosity, where did you put the patch file so that (patches >(search-patches "ocaml-elpi-fix-yojson.patch")) worked? My system throws >this error, so I had to switch the patch's path back: "guix build: >error: ocaml-elpi-fix-yojson.patch: patch not found". >