all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Load GUIXSD with customized u-boot
@ 2019-10-26 10:02 Farshid Karimi
From: Farshid Karimi @ 2019-10-26 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello

I want to load guixsd on an arm-based board "rock pi4".
from like this site (https://github.com/radxa/rockchip-bsp) i can generate
custom u-boot and kernel for this board.
If i have a generated u-boot.img how can i run guixsd as kernel.(like this
tutorial: https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2017/porting-guixsd-to-armv7/)
how i can customize u-boot and then use it beside an guixsd?

Regards.

* Re: Load GUIXSD with customized u-boot
@ 2019-10-30  0:38 ` Brian Woodcox
From: Brian Woodcox @ 2019-10-30  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Farshid Karimi; +Cc: help-guix

Hi Farshid,

I am very newbie when it comes to arm and u-boot itself.

Thanks for the links you gave.  It may help me in the future as I’m looking to put guix on a pinebook pro.

You may want to look at the following link http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/bootloader/u-boot.scm <http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/bootloader/u-boot.scm>

You may glean some ideas on how guix setups  up the u-boot for other devices which may help you.

In particular is appears that you need (correct me if I’m wrong):

idbloader.img
u-boot.itb

Brian.