all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#73249: Recovering journal at boot time after reconfiguring the system with Sway
@ 2024-09-14 13:15 Oleander via Bug reports for GNU Guix
From: Oleander via Bug reports for GNU Guix @ 2024-09-14 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 73249

Hi!
I'm running Guix with Sway (v1.9) and ext4. When guix system reconfigure is performed, a filesystem check is triggered on next boot, showing the message: "Recovering journal" and then "clean...". After this, the system boots just fine.

I reboot/poweroff with loginctl reboot/poweroff (elogind).

This issue does not occur with Gnome.

The smartctl test on my device passes.

Thanks in advance!

* bug#73249: Recovering journal at boot time after reconfiguring the system with Sway
@ 2024-09-19 13:13 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2024-09-19 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleander; +Cc: 73249

Hi,

Oleander <7059548@protonmail.com> skribis:

> I'm running Guix with Sway (v1.9) and ext4. When guix system reconfigure is performed, a filesystem check is triggered on next boot, showing the message: "Recovering journal" and then "clean...". After this, the system boots just fine.
>
> I reboot/poweroff with loginctl reboot/poweroff (elogind).

I think I’ve seen that “Recovering” message recently too, though I’m not
sure when that happens (I’m on ext4 but I don’t use Sway).

FWIW, the ‘root-unmount’ system test, which ensures root is properly
unmounted, currently passes:

  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/5806700/details

So maybe it’s only after reconfigure that the file system isn’t properly
unmounted?  Can you confirm this?

Ludo’.

* bug#73249: Recovering journal at boot time after reconfiguring the system with Sway
@ 2024-09-19 13:48   ` Oleander via Bug reports for GNU Guix
From: Oleander via Bug reports for GNU Guix @ 2024-09-19 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: 73249