I have a weird question about this that might be a little bit offtopic. Why should we specify reasons? It's like we are saying some reasons are more important than others. Is it not ok with... > our project and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone. ? That should cover everything. I don't think anyone is reading all the list and saying: "oh they are missing race so it's ok for a racist like me to join and harass people" It's just a feeling. It would also remove the discussion about including sex or not. WDYT? ------- Original Message ------- On Sunday, February 20th, 2022 at 2:10 PM, Julien Lepiller wrote: > Sounds good, but isn't that included in "sexual identity" already? For reference, where does the author say that? > > On February 20, 2022 2:02:07 PM GMT+01:00, Taylan Kammer wrote: > >> This is a really tiny thing. A recent thread on the ML prompted me to >> >> look at our CoC and I noticed it doesn't include 'sex' in the list of >> >> things based on which one might be discriminated against, so attached >> >> is a patch that adds that one word. >> >> Note: The upstream Contributor Covenant wouldn't want to include it >> >> because the author seems to have a peculiar world-view where they don't >> >> acknowledge that humans actually have a sex. I hope the Guix maintainers >> >> are more reasonable than that. :-) >> >> -- >> >> Taylan