Hi, On Sun, 2021-02-21 at 23:05 +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > [...] > > Maxime Devos skribis: > > > This patch replaces autoconf with autoconf-wrapped in the native-inputs > > almost everywhere (except for some packages in > > gnu/packages/autotools.scm). As this would cause many rebuilds, this > > patch targets the "core-updates" branch and not "master". > > OK. The revised patch targets master, as less packages were changed (changing the definition of libuv should be done on core-updates). > > A wine package has autoconf in the inputs instead of native-inputs, > > I wonder if that's intentional or a bug? I left that package untouched > > for now. > > I think that’s a bug. > > > Why this change? [...] > Yeah, I’m not sure this is a worthy goal. > > > Why not? > [...] > Yeah. I would be in favor of unifying things the other way around: > using ‘autoconf’ instead of ‘autoconf-wrapper’ everywhere. Since > there’s the ‘patch-shebangs’ phase, we don’t need ‘autoconf-wrapper’. I've attached a patch that unifies things the other way around. > There’s one exception I think: Automake. This one needs > ‘autoconf-wrapper’ so it can actually run its test suite. Perhaps > Libtool too. Some other packages fail to build without autoconf-wrapper as well. Some packages run './configure' from 'autogen.sh' or from the Makefile. I added a little explanation to each package that actually needs autoconf-wrapper, and discouraged new uses of autoconf-wrapper with a comment next to the definition of autoconf-wrapper. WDYT? Maxime.