all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* pdf editor for placing stress
@ 2019-02-16 16:21 znavko
From: znavko @ 2019-02-16 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help Guix

Hello, GuixSD! Is there any software for placing stress and some other notes on text inf pdf files for files with lot of pages?
GIMP is bad when you need 50 page you must make invisible other layers.

* Re: pdf editor for placing stress
@ 2019-02-16 17:13 ` sirgazil
From: sirgazil @ 2019-02-16 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: znavko, Help Guix

Hi znavko,

El 16/02/19 a las 11:21 a. m., znavko@tutanota.com escribió:
> Hello, GuixSD! Is there any software for placing stress and some other
> notes on text inf pdf files for files with lot of pages?
> GIMP is bad when you need 50 page you must make invisible other layers.

Evince lets you highlight text and add notes to PDF documents.

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.io/

* Re: pdf editor for placing stress
@ 2019-02-16 21:08 ` Benjamin Slade
From: Benjamin Slade @ 2019-02-16 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: znavko; +Cc: Help Guix

Hi znavko,

On 2019-02-16T09:21:26-0700, znavko@tutanota.com wrote:
 > Hello, GuixSD! Is there any software for placing stress and some other notes on text inf pdf files for files with lot of pages?
 > GIMP is bad when you need 50 page you must make invisible other layers.

pdf-tools is pretty good for this sort of thing:
https://github.com/politza/pdf-tools

as an alternative (or complementary) approach, you could use:

interleave: https://github.com/rudolfochrist/interleave

or

org-noter: https://github.com/weirdNox/org-noter

to have synchronised text notes for pdfs.

--
Benjamin Slade - https://babbagefiles.xyz
  `(pgp_fp: ,(21BA 2AE1 28F6 DF36 110A 0E9C A320 BBE8 2B52 EE19))

* Re: pdf editor for placing stress
@ 2019-02-16 22:33 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2019-02-16 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: znavko; +Cc: Help Guix

znavko@tutanota.com writes:

> Hello, GuixSD! Is there any software for placing stress and some other
> notes on text inf pdf files for files with lot of pages?  GIMP is bad
> when you need 50 page you must make invisible other layers.

I use Xournal for annotating PDF documents.

--
Ricardo

* Re: pdf editor for placing stress
@ 2019-02-17  8:11   ` znavko