On 2022-08-23 00:29, Luis Felipe wrote: > Hi, > > I've been using Emacs Elpy as my Python IDE for a long time now, but > it's been failing to work properly for a while (currently, > autocompletion doesn't work; before that linting was not working). > > What do you use to program in Python? Is the IDE you use dependable or > does it present these kinds of frequent problems too? > > So far I've tried GNOME Builder, but it's pretty much like using > Gedit: just syntax highlighting. GNOME Builder's features have never > worked when I've tried them out. > > I'm currently checking an IDE called Pyzo. And next will try Emacs > lsp-mode. So if you have had a good/bad experience with these, I'd > appreciate if you could comment about it. > > Thanks in advance, > > > --- > Luis Felipe López Acevedo > https://luis-felipe.gitlab.io/ I use emacs with plugins like jupyter, flake8, magit, and jedi that gives autocompletion for Python, including from org-mode files and org-src buffers - see attached screenshot. It works nicely so far. I have modified some emacs plugins a bit, and am currently working on refining things for a setup that gives nice auto-completion for Python, Javascript and Guile, which can be used from Emacs with a simple installation of a manifest, and maybe a home-configuration in the future. I use a custom channel, waiting to also have related packages be refined enough to be submitted to guix master. https://gitlab.com/methuselah-0/my-guix-packages My current emacs config will almost certainly see some new commits be pushed to https://gitlab.com/methuselah-0/my-guix-packages in the following weeks. Auto-completion, with code-signatures, jump-to-definition etc is working and possible, but not with a simple out-of-the-box installation from Guix yet. Though Im working on it :-) Best regards, David