Am 06.05.2018 um 16:05 schrieb Mike Gerwitz: > In the case of their addon > system, they encourage installation of non-free addons, which is against > the Free Software Distribution Guidelines (FSDG), and is the same reason > that Debian isn't a recommended free software distribution. > My aim is to empower people, not to infantilize them. If we disable adding add-on, we appoint ourselves as guardian for immature users. And this IMHO is contrary to "free" (as in "free speech"). We might add some warning on the add-on page like: Some of the add-ons listed here are no [Free Software](link). Please check the license prior to installing. (More information »»](link) This would make people aware of the problem but still give them the freedom to decide. This is what F-droid does. -- Regards Hartmut Goebel | Hartmut Goebel | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com | | www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |