Cees de Groot schreef op wo 09-03-2022 om 17:31 [+0000]: > I think changing the behaviour of a programming language just to be helpful to developers Developers are users too and users can be developers. Furthermore, Elixir is an implementation of a programming language, so aren't all users of Elixir automatically developers? I'm not sure how exactly Elixir integrates with git but I assume the integration can be very useful. Also, this does not change the behaviour of the language, it only adjusts a detail of the implementation: the error message for indicating that git is missing is adjusted. > is something that one may consider for upstream, but certainly not in the context > of a packaging system like Guix - that just will breed confusion. How could better error messages breed confusion? Also, this seems a change that would absolutely _not_ be considered upstream. Why would upstream have distro-specific error messages? If the new error message is Guix-specific, wouldn't Guix be the logical place to have it? Greetings, Maxime.