On 13.08.2018 20:11, Pierre Neidhardt wrote: >> the server is just a work around for the missing foreign function interface in >> older emacs > Well, Guix packages the latest Emacs, so can't you just skip the server > altogether? > I guess not. That would require rewriting the server part to make emacs aware of libclang and how to use it. I am a user of irony-mode who would enjoy having the package available through Guix but I am definitely not a developer who knows how to handle LLVM / clang. While it would be nice it would be out of the scope of packaging irony-mode as it would require upstream changes to irony-mode itself that break compatibility.