ng0 writes: > ng0 writes: > >> Net::PSYC binary "psycion" requires perl-curses, which has been packaged >> and send for review. >> >> psycion is being bugfixed, it is functional but the server application >> it functions with needs to update the internal policies on how to treat >> native psyc clients. It's on the todo list and will be fixed >> eventually. As psycion is not the only part of Net::PSYC I find it okay >> to submit the entire perl-net-psyc now instead of waiting for psyced to >> have this policy fixed. >> >> There is psycmp3 which currently depends on MP3::List and the rxaudio >> shareware, it will be fixed to function with current free software >> equivalents of dependencies. It is deleted in a snippet phase for now >> and will be added back when it no longer "recommends non-free >> software". >> >> For another binary, I would have to package fam and SGI::FAM, this is >> reflected in the most recent commit: >> "moving bin/psycfilemonitor to contrib until somebody upgrades it to use >> inotify instead of fam". No one uses this binary currently, so it can be >> left where it is and will be updated in time. >> >> I created the file gnu/packages/psyc.scm because I am working on more >> applications: psyced, libpsyc, psyclpc and future releases. As they all >> circle around the psyced.org domain and the protocol PSYC, a dedicated >> file is the only logic choice. libpsyc will follow soon after this >> (perl-net-psyc) patch. >> I am working close with upstream to address issues on different >> operating systems. Upstream developers do very rarely release tarballs, >> in the case of Net::PSYC this git commit has more bugfixes than the >> latest tarball. As soon as the tarball catches up I will consider to >> change it, however this is a very small application collection, so a >> checkout will not take that much space on distributing servers. > > Corrections appending to this: > > "needs to update the internal policies on how to treat native psyc > clients" <- only when the welcome channel has secure set, a default > psyced without any changes does not complain about this. > > The plan for the future is to run psycion with localhost psyced and > cadet (gnunet), not via the insecure internet Release version 1.1 of Net::PSYC is out, using the zip archive of it for now. Patches rebased on master.