Ludovic Courtès writes: > Hello Guix! > > Since I’m about to leave keyboard for a couple of weeks, here’s a to-do > list for those of you who’ll be around. :-) > > The last things I wanted to push for ‘core-updates’ were a reproducible > Guile (done in b5efd14a9add1bcb4a44fa5b9c1b47706f3df9da), and a subset > or all of the aarch64 patches, depending on their status (should not be > a blocker IMO). > > So, here’s a plan: > > • Once Efraim has pushed some of the aarch64 patches, do another > evaluation of the “core” package set for that branch, and check for > anything wrong. From there on, forbid full-rebuild changes. > > • Once the “core” subset builds correctly on all the supported > platforms (those that Hydra supports), merge ‘master’. Maybe update > a couple of things like GnuTLS while we’re at it. From there on > forbid non-trivial changes. > > • Build all the packages. (To do that, someone with access to Hydra > must change the “subset” argument to “all” in the config of the > ‘core-updates’ jobset.) > > • Fix things. > > • Once most regressions have been addressed and most binaries are > available, merge ‘core-updates’ into ‘master’. > > How does that sound? This sounds great. I have a question: The 'staging' branch contains a number of minor updates and it's been more than a month since the last merge. Should we do a staging evaluation first (i.e. next few days), or just merge it to core-updates?