Leo Famulari writes: > On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 10:07:18PM +0200, Marius Bakke wrote: >> * gnu/packages/patches/python-3.5-fix-tests.patch: Rename to ... >> * gnu/packages/patches/python-3-fix-tests.patch: ... this. Adjust and disable >> more tests. >> * gnu/packages/patches/python-3.5-getentropy-on-old-kernels.patch: Delete file. > > I'm curious, do you know if they handled this issue upstream in a > reliable way, or is getentropy() simply unused in Python 3.6? The getentropy fix for 3.5 was a port of "random.c" from 3.6 + the fix % 3.5 specific behaviour. Since 3.6.2 was just released it should have it. Most hunks are there, but didn't verify all. > Also, do you have any idea about the state of the bytecode timestamp > issue, which is related to the problem with the bytecode cache? I can > work on that on python-updates when you push it. Yes. You might have seen this: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/25916 NixOS patches the interpreter to unconditionally set bytecode timestamps to epoch 1. Now I also found this: https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/296 So I think we only need that patch and to set PYTHONHASHSEED to some deterministic value in python-build-system. I can give it a go next weekend if you're busy, but more than happy to share the workload :-)