白い熊@相撲道 writes: > Hello: > > Is there a way to add full chainloader stanzas to Grub via the sysconfig file through system reconfigure in GuixSD. > > I'd like to have for instance the following entry added: > > menuentry "PureOS on /dev/sda2" { > set root=(hd0,9) > chainloader +1 > } > > Can I do this? Currently, I don't think Guix supports a way to specify a chainloader command in your GuixSD operating system declaration. That may change in the future, but today I think that's how it is. This is because the record type (see: (guix) Bootloader Configuration) does not expose any fields for a chainloader command, nor does it provide a way to supply an opaque configuration file. I think the motivation for apparent limitation is that is intended to represent an abstract menu entry, suitable for use by various bootloaders, and (maybe?) not all bootloaders may support chainloading. GuixSD supports GRUB and U-Boot. Does U-Boot support chainloading, like GRUB does? I'm not sure. -- Chris