On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 15:11:49 +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > Much like we pin search path recommendations to certain “root” packages > we could do something similar for recommended packages. “glibc”, for > example, could recommend “glibc-locales”; having a package installed > that links with glibc (i.e. all of them) would result in a > recommendation to also install the “glibc-locales” package. For “gtk+” > the recommendation could be to also install one of the icon themes. > Installing any package depending on “gtk+” would then lead to a > recommendation to install one of these packages. That seems like desirable behavior to me. > Unfortunately, some of these recommendations will only be correct when > using Guix on top of a foreign distribution, because we handle common > scenarios on the Guix-based GNU system directly. I can't comment on that, but in this virt-manager case, I did experience the issue on GuixSD. -- Mike Gerwitz