ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > Otherwise LGTM. It’s great that you fixed this! People had reported > the issue on IRC, so that’ll make them happy! :-) I think this is only a partial fix. to launch emacsclient I still need to do this: TERMINFO="$HOME/.guix-profile/share/terminfo" emacsclient --tty foo in terminfo(5), we can read this: --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8--- Fetching Compiled Descriptions The ncurses library searches for terminal descriptions in several places. It uses only the first description found. The library has a compiled-in list of places to search which can be overridden by envi‐ ronment variables. Before starting to search, ncurses eliminates duplicates in its search list. · If the environment variable TERMINFO is set, it is interpreted as the pathname of a directory containing the compiled description you are working on. Only that directory is searched. · If TERMINFO is not set, ncurses will instead look in the directory $HOME/.terminfo for a compiled description. · Next, if the environment variable TERMINFO_DIRS is set, ncurses will interpret the contents of that variable as a list of colon- separated directories (or database files) to be searched. An empty directory name (i.e., if the variable begins or ends with a colon, or contains adjacent colons) is interpreted as the system location /etc/terminfo. · Finally, ncurses searches these compiled-in locations: · a list of directories (no default value), and · the system terminfo directory, /etc/terminfo (the compiled-in default). --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8--- I suppose that "system terminfo directory" is set to /gnu/store/...-ncurses-6.0 and IIUC correctly this is the only place automatically searched. What about adding TERMINFO_DIRS in "$HOME/.guix-profile/etc/profile"? I think TERMINFO_DIRS is more appropriate than TERMINFO because it let the possibility for non-GuixSD users to have multiple directories in it. Here is an updated patch with my proposal: