ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > Hi Mark, > > Mark H Weaver skribis: > >> Roel Janssen writes: >> >>> Ludovic Courtès writes: >>> >>>> Hi, >>>> >>>> Mark H Weaver skribis: >>>> >>>>> (.gnome-shell-real:11698): Gjs-WARNING **: JS ERROR: Error: >>>> Requiring Rsvg, version none: Typelib file for namespace 'Rsvg' >>>> (any version) not found >>>> >>>> Looks like the librsvg JS bindings are missing. Would it help to add >>>> librsvg as an input to ‘gnome-shell’? >>>> >>>> Ludo’. >>> >>> Adding librsvg to gnome-shell solves this problem, however, a similar >>> error for Geoclue2 occurs. I added 'geoclue' to the inputs, but that >>> doesn't solve the problem. I've found that adding gobject-introspection as a native-input to geoclue first allows geoclue to generate the required typelib file. FWIW, I'm writing this in an instance of gnome-shell. >> >> Thanks. > > Great, could you this fix if you haven’t already? > >> I have a question: Does GNOME 3 work for *anyone* in Guix now? If so, >> that would be useful information. If not, I wonder why this got merged >> into master. > > I think many of us use GTK+/GNOME applications, but fewer use GNOME, so > I suppose we just didn’t test a full GNOME setup. > > Next time we should probably do that or, even better, have an automated > test that logs in, takes a screenshot, and does some OCR to check > whether we got something that looks like a GNOME screen. > > WDYT? > > Ludo’. I definitely agree. To get gnome-shell running on machine required the at least the attached patch (the librsvg upgrade is not necessary to my knowledge). I get more warnings about gnome-shell trying and failing to run the "ibus-daemon" command, a suggestion for geoclue to use glib-networking for TLS/SSL support.