Ricardo Wurmus writes: > Ludovic Courtès writes: > >> Hello, >> >> Nikolai Merinov skribis: >> >>> Actually there is two ways to achieve this: >>> 1. Constantly update bootsrap binaries version. >>> 2. For each new release create new package. As result we'll be able to >>> use old rust release to build each new rust release. E.g. we can use >>> 1.21.0 bootstrap binaries, then build 1.22.0 rust and use it to build >>> 1.23.0 rust and then use it to build 1.24.1 rust. >>> >>> Which way is preferable? >> >> Like I wrote, I would prefer option #2, so as to increase “binary >> diversity” and not rely on builds made by upstream. >> >> This obviously relates to . Ricardo, what’s >> your take on this? > > I agree. In the long run, however, I’d prefer for Rust to be > bootstrapped through one of the alternative implementations. Then we > don’t need to keep a long chain of older versions. > > Currently, however, I don’t see a way around it. Hi, I prepared proof-of-concept solution with rust-bootstrap frozed on 1.22.1 release. Do you think suggested code with "split all code to small steps and remove fixed issues in new releases" is correct way to provide series of releases? Or it will be better to copy builder code to state it directly that this specific modification is tested on each rust release? Regards, Nikolai