Hello Guix! This patch set strengthens our Emacs build system by enforcing strict byte compilation of every Guix package using the `emacs-build-system'. Before, errors during byte compilation would not signal a failure of the build. It also adds a custom check phase to make it easy to run any kind of program or script that might be used as a test runner (commonly ert-runner, sometimes make, etc.). I've validated that our Emacs packages (at least those whose name start by 'emacs-') can be successfully built with those changes (240 were built locally). Most of the patches below were necessary fixes to our Emacs packages so that they could be successfully byte compiled. Happy April Fools' Day ;) Maxim