ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > Hello, > > Marius Bakke skribis: >>>> What about: ‘herd status | grep logind’? >>> >>> No output >>> >>> sdb@komputilo ~$ sudo herd status |grep logind >>> >>>> Does /run/user exist? >>> >>> No >> >> If you add (elogind-service) to your system configuration, Shepherd >> should work out of the box. > > Indeed. The Shepherd implicitly depends on elogind/systemd here. > > I suppose we should at least clarify this in the manual. Thoughts? It is kind of documented under the '--socket' option of Shepherd: https://www.gnu.org/software/shepherd/manual/shepherd.html Perhaps a footnote to the /run/user/uid part could be added along these lines: "On GNU/Linux systems, this directory is typically created by a login manager such as elogind or systemd."