all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#45835: (gnu machine digital-ocean) installs old Guix
@ 2021-01-12 23:46 Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2021-01-12 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 45835

The (oddly named) procedure “guix-infect” in (gnu machine digital-ocean)
contains a Bash script that installs Guix 1.0.1 and sets the
GUILE_LOAD_PATH to that of Guile 2.2.

Likewise, “add-static-networking” in the same module sets
GUILE_LOAD_PATH to 2.2.

It seems to me that this should be updated to install the latest version
of Guix and set the load path to that of Guile 3.0.

I also wonder if there might not be a better way to deploy Guix quickly,
for example by using a relocatable pack of Guix and using “guix copy”
instead of executing a shell script.

--
Ricardo

* bug#45835: (gnu machine digital-ocean) installs old Guix
@ 2021-01-13  8:17 ` Mathieu Othacehe
From: Mathieu Othacehe @ 2021-01-13  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: 45835

Hello Ricardo,

> I also wonder if there might not be a better way to deploy Guix quickly,
> for example by using a relocatable pack of Guix and using “guix copy”
> instead of executing a shell script.

I think that building a Guix System image and creating a droplet out of
it using the DigitalOcean API, as I described here[1] would be a better
solution.

Thanks,

Mathieu

[1]: https://othacehe.org/hosting-a-blog-using-only-scheme.html