On Tue, Jun 29 2021, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Hi, > > Xinglu Chen skribis: > >> On Wed, Jun 23 2021, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > > [...] > >>> Anyway, I backed up a bunch of files :-) and eventually gave it a try, >>> just to notice that ‘guix home reconfigure’ was very careful about >>> creating backups of any files it was going to overwrite, and it was also >>> explicitly saying what it’s doing. Perfect. >> >> Yeah, the output is pretty verbose, which is good if someone is just >> getting started with it, but there should probably also be an option to >> make it less verbose. > > Yes. Also, we’ll have to make sure it’s internationalized. How would we do that? Would we use (G_ ...) or something? >>> Possible actions: >>> >>> 1. Provide a ‘guix home init’ command (or similar) that creates an >>> initial Home config based on existing config. >> >> As Andrew mentioned, I recently added a ‘guix home import’ command, but >> in only imports the installed user packages. Creating configurations >> for the packages would require a lot more work, unless we just read the >> contents of ~/.bashrc and ~/.config/git/config and use >> ‘home-generic-service’ and ‘plain-file’, instead of using >> ‘home-bash-configuration’ and ‘home-git-configuration’. > > For SSH, generating something like: > > (service home-ssh-service-type > (home-ssh-configuration > (toplevel-options > `((include . ,(local-file "ssh.conf")))))) > > should be doable. But yeah, we’ll have to see on a case-by-case basis > what can be achieved. Yeah, I will look more into adding something like this.