On 2021-08-18, Christopher Baines wrote: > Around 2 months ago, bordeaux.guix.gnu.org came in to existence [1][2]. > > 1: https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2021/substitutes-now-also-available-from-bordeauxguixgnuorg/ > 2: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2021-06/msg00044.html > > This took work I'd done on providing substitutes back in 2020 and > attempted to bring benefits from that to normal users of Guix. > > Unfortunately, I don't really know if this has been much of a > success. I can definitely speak from experience the likelihood of actually getting substitutes for any aarch64 linux-libre* packages has gone from "rarely" to "usually", so it has definitely been a huge improvement for aarch64, where building locally on most aarch64 hardware is very slow. Does it have faster build machines? Does it keep retrying until it succeeds? Building linux-libre* packages for ci.guix.gnu.org usually timeout when building the source due to long periods with no output... live well, vagrant