On Tue, Sep 14 2021, zimoun wrote: > Hi, > > On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 at 17:29, Xinglu Chen wrote: >> On Tue, Sep 14 2021, Andrew Tropin wrote: >>> On 2021-09-04 11:42, Xinglu Chen wrote: > >>> Not sure if we need to hardcode the path to notmuch binary (some people >>> can use guix for managing emacs packages, but not system), but I think >>> it's a rare case and this default is reasonable and easily fixable by >>> simple `(setq notmuch-command "notmuch")` in the cases, when notmuch >>> itslef provided by other package manager. >> >> Yeah, this default should work for most people, and as you said, people >> who haven’t installed Notmuch via Guix can just set to the >> ‘notmuch-command’ to the appropriate value. It’s Emacs after all... ;-) >> >> Also, since there was a consensus that Emacs packages that were included >> in “regular” packages should be packaged as separate ‘emacs-’ packages, >> I think it would be a good idea to add a paragraph about that in the >> manual. > > I agree. For references, this question appears here: > > > > > so it seems something is missing in the manual. :-) Just sent a patch for it. :-)