Hi Gottfried, "Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" writes: >> I guess emacs is too difficult for me to learn, because it would make >> sense only, if I used it regularly. >> So it would be good a more simple editor. > For starters just activate cua-mode. > > Then get typing. Feel free to use the menu and toolbar, even if > old-timers often don’t. You won’t need all of Emacs’ features, but you > will learn to deeply appreciate the ones that fit your style of working. Afterthought: There is one essential command that it not in the menu: CTRL-g (abort). If there’s an error or something in the area at the bottom that you do not want to answer, or if anything else is unclear, just hit CTRL-g. Everything else can be done via the menu or toolbar or by answering questions in the field at the bottom. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de