Previous version was also built from sources. I didn't find it feasible to battle with bootstraping for this version either. Tests are very intrusive and/or containerized with lxc. So yeah, as per their process, there are tons of things to be done manually from bootstraping. May be sometime in the future if they will move to more modern project layout, that could become feasible. "(" writes: > On Mon Aug 1, 2022 at 6:42 AM BST, muradm wrote: >> Is there a guideline where home-page should be? I find it more >> DRY when reusing. > Almost every package in Guix puts it directly above synopsis, > though > you do have a point about DRY. > >> Their repo is not suitable for building from, instead >> they release sources manually. > Looks okay to me: > > But there is a problem with vendoring googletest, it seems. > You'll want > to use the system's googletest, and (recursive? #t) in the > git-reference > to clone the tests repo. Also, the tarball seems to contain > pregenerated > autotools files, which are discouraged by Guix. > > > -- (