Hi Bruno, Bruno Haible writes: > > The problem is not so much that it failed, but that the warning > message does not sufficiently describe the cause: > * I understand the figure of 6 GB: that's the expected size for > a GUI environment with MATE. > * But I don't understand the figure of 1 GB. > - Is /mnt a RAM disk (the VM has 2 GB of RAM), or did the installer fail > to mount /mnt? > - Or is /mnt overloaded to the swap partition (which has 1 GB in my config)? > - Or is /mnt the 10 GB partition of my disk, and the downloaded binaries > already filled 9 GB of it? > If I knew this, I would know what to do to fix the problem: Add more RAM? > Partition differently? Use a larger main partition? My guess is that, because a Guix system init installs some stuff in steps, one of these steps ended up requiring too much space, that would be bullet point 3 above. You can check that it's not 1 or 2 by, once you reproduce this bug, going to tty3 (using ctrl+alt+f3), and typing `lsblk` to check which partition is mounted where. In the meantime, I would probably recommend adding some space for /. Best, -- Josselin Poiret