all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Guix system is stuck
@ 2024-05-18 16:51 Reza Housseini
From: Reza Housseini @ 2024-05-18 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi Guix

I reconfigured my system with the changes regarding nss-certs and did
remove the package before upgrading. But now when I run guix pull I get

guix pull: error: Git error: the SSL certificate is invalid

unfortunately also the guix roll-back and even guix switch-generation
exits with an error

guix system: error: reading file
`/gnu/store/a0j86wanxzg0ih4dn2z26mqpyyd5bagc-ruby-parallel-1.21.0-checkout.drv':
No such file or directory

what I am supposed to do and what is the problem with my system?
Rebooting did not help either.

Best,
Reza

* Re: Guix system is stuck
@ 2024-05-19 16:06 ` Felix Lechner via
From: Felix Lechner via @ 2024-05-19 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reza Housseini, help-guix

Hi Reza

On Sat, May 18 2024, Reza Housseini wrote:

> guix pull: error: Git error: the SSL certificate is invalid

How old is your installation (guix describe) and is your system time set
correctly?

Kind regards
Fellix

* Re: Guix system is stuck
@ 2024-05-20  6:48   ` Reza Housseini
From: Reza Housseini @ 2024-05-20  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Felix Lechner, help-guix

Hi Felix

> How old is your installation (guix describe) and is your system time set
> correctly?

   guix a8353e9
     repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
     branch: master
     commit: a8353e9d6b34fd8d42d2e8f14ce844849fe9c293

I never had any issue with my system time and also did not change it at
some point in time.

Any idea why downgrading errors out, this seems more concerning to me...

* Re: Guix system is stuck
@ 2024-05-20 11:42 ` Felix Lechner via
From: Felix Lechner via @ 2024-05-20 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reza Housseini, help-guix

Hi Reza,

On Sat, May 18 2024, Reza Housseini wrote:

> what I am supposed to do ...?

If you have enough space and resources on the equipment, please pull
from Git (not Guix) and build according to the instructions in the
manual.  Unfortunately, the online versions are not available at the
moment, but you can find it locally in Emacs with C-h R.

Then issue

    ./pre-inst-env guix system reconfigure /path/to/your/config.

Additional channels can be included with -L as long as you have them on
the local disk, as well.

Kind regards
Felix