all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How install new package created? How contribute with it?
@ 2015-08-05  3:03 Daniel Pimentel
From: Daniel Pimentel @ 2015-08-05  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi guix,

I create derivation of package Rage with success.

Steps:
git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/guix.git
cd guix
./bootstrap
./configure --with-libgcrypt-prefix=$HOME/.guix-profile/
--localstatedir=/var
make
make check
guix download
http://download.enlightenment.org/rel/apps/rage/rage-0.1.4.tar.gz
/gnu/store/9f75ba59cxfcw8val68xsxqsvj5bxva1-rage-0.1.4.tar.gz
10j3n8crk16jzqz2hn5djx6vms5f6x83qyiaphhqx94h9dgv2mgg

emacs gnu-system.am (added "gnu/packages/rage.scm")
emacs gnu/packages/rage.scm (edit it, a lot of lines)

./pre-inst-env guix build rage -K

Last lines:
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating rage.spec
config.status: creating pkgbuild/PKGBUILD
config.status: creating rage_config.h
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --enable-fast-install
rage 0.1.4

/gnu/store/hhrqa802r470f0cdah7hsjnv0wknlagf-rage-0.1.4

So, how I install this package? How I contribute to it (new package Rage
to Guix packages)?

Thanks for all,

--
Daniel Pimentel (d4n1 3:)

* Re: How install new package created? How contribute with it?
@ 2015-08-05  5:53 ` Pjotr Prins
From: Pjotr Prins @ 2015-08-05  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Pimentel; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Daniel,

Great! Submit a patch to this mailing list. See the Guix documentation
on howto do that. You can also check my

for some unofficial notes.

Pj.

@ 2015-08-05  6:19 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2015-08-05  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Pimentel; +Cc: guix-devel

> ./pre-inst-env guix build rage -K

[...]

> So, how I install this package? How I contribute to it (new package Rage
> to Guix packages)?

To install it into your default profile you can just do

    ./pre-inst-env guix package -i rage

To submit it to Guix please create a commit containing your changes,
then

    git format-patch -1

and send the patch to the guix-devel mailing list.

~~ Ricardo

* Re: How install new package created? How contribute with it?
@ 2015-08-05 11:54   ` Daniel Pimentel
From: Daniel Pimentel @ 2015-08-05 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

On 2015-08-05 03:19, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
>> ./pre-inst-env guix build rage -K
>
> [...]
>
>> So, how I install this package? How I contribute to it (new package
>> Rage
>> to Guix packages)?
>
> To install it into your default profile you can just do
>
>     ./pre-inst-env guix package -i rage
>
> To submit it to Guix please create a commit containing your changes,
> then
>
>     git format-patch -1
>
> and send the patch to the guix-devel mailing list.
>
> ~~ Ricardo
Thanks Ricardo and Guixs :)
--

@ 2015-08-05 12:12   ` Daniel Pimentel
From: Daniel Pimentel @ 2015-08-05 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

On 2015-08-05 03:19, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
>> ./pre-inst-env guix build rage -K
>
> [...]
>
>> So, how I install this package? How I contribute to it (new package
>> Rage
>> to Guix packages)?
>
> To install it into your default profile you can just do
>
>     ./pre-inst-env guix package -i rage
>
> To submit it to Guix please create a commit containing your changes,
> then
>
>     git format-patch -1
>
> and send the patch to the guix-devel mailing list.
>
> ~~ Ricardo
Ricardo, Pjort and guix,

I did:
git add gnu-system.am
git add gnu/packages/rage.scm
git commit -m 'Add Rage audio and video player by EFL'
git format-patch -l origin/master gnu/packages/rage.scm

So, there's a
0001-Add-Rage-a-video-and-audio-player-written-with-EFL.patch file that
I sent to guix-devel mailing list in other thread.

Is correct way to send patch?
--

@ 2015-08-05 12:45     ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2015-08-05 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Pimentel; +Cc: guix-devel

> git commit -m 'Add Rage audio and video player by EFL'

The commit message is wrong.  Please take a look at other commit
messages in the git log.  It should be something like this:

   gnu: Add Rage player.

   * whatever/file.scm (variable): What changed.
   * another/file.scm: New file.
   * and/so.on: You know.

~~ Ricardo

* Re: How install new package created? How contribute with it?
@ 2015-08-05 13:27       ` Daniel Pimentel
From: Daniel Pimentel @ 2015-08-05 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

On 2015-08-05 09:45, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
>> git commit -m 'Add Rage audio and video player by EFL'
>
> The commit message is wrong.  Please take a look at other commit
> messages in the git log.  It should be something like this:
>
>    gnu: Add Rage player.
>
>    * whatever/file.scm (variable): What changed.
>    * another/file.scm: New file.
>    * and/so.on: You know.
>
> ~~ Ricardo
Updated, thanks.