Hi, ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > What about this: > > 1. Put the new ‘package-name->name+version’ in (guix utils) and keep > it dumb (i.e., it insists on having an ‘@’, as is the case with the > patch you posted.) > > 2. Add the fallback case in ‘specification->package’ and > ‘specification->package+output’ in (gnu packages). > > How does that sound? Thanks for finding a solution. It seems to work (at least according to ‘make check’). However, I am not pleased by the current state of the ‘specification/package-name->...’ procedures. They don't compose well, and are obfuscated by being fragmented across a bunch of modules. I don't know if there is much room for improvement but my feeling is that the brain involvement required for implementing the '@' thing was far too high compared to the actual task. I have left the emacs interface untouched.