Ludovic Courtès writes: > Hello Guix! > > Roel Janssen skribis: > >> So, I would like to propose a new Guix subcommand and an extension to >> the package management language to add workflow management features. >> >> Would this be a feature you are interested in adding to GNU Guix? > > I don’t know if it should be in Guix itself (and it’s probably too early > to think about it), but there’s definitely interest in it! > > Pjotr mentioned it before, and Ricardo started a thread on this topic on > help-guix in February¹, where we discussed something similar to what you > proposed. I agree with you that Guix should be a nice tool for the job. > > ¹ https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2016-02/msg00019.html > >> I'm currently working on a proof-of-concept implementation that has three >> record types/levels of abstraction: >> : Describes which es should be run, and concerns itself with >> the order of execution. >> >> : Describes what packages are needed to run the programs involved, >> and its relationship to other processes. Processes take input and >> generate output much like the package construction process. >> >>