Mark H Weaver writes: > Hi Chris, > > Chris Marusich writes: > >> How do you notice when a change breaks something else? You so >> frequently notice these things, it almost seems like you're omniscient! >> >> Do you have an automated mechanism for doing this, or are you manually >> checking things frequently? > > I regularly check Hydra for newly failed packages. To see the most > recent evaluations, visit . Each > evaluation corresponds to a commit of Guix's git repo. You can compare > two evaluations with URLs of the form > , which will compare > evaluation 109907 to the previous evaluation 109906. It is also often > useful to compare to a slightly older evaluation, especially one with an > unusually low number of failures, e.g. > where 109896 was the > most recent evaluation of 'master' with fewer than 1900 failures. > > Note that hydra.gnu.org is not sufficiently powerful for the work it is > currently doing, so it often takes on the order of several *minutes* for > the above URLs to load, and sometimes the Nginx front-end will time-out > before that happens. Our new build farm is vastly more powerful, but > its web interface is currently quite rudimentary and not yet sufficient > for the kind of monitoring I do on Hydra. > > Hope this helps. Yes, it does! Thank you for the information. I'll try to watch Hydra a little more, especially after pushing changes, and hopefully these instructions will encourage others to do the same. -- Chris