Ricardo Wurmus writes: > Ludovic Courtès writes: > >> One problem with the installation OS is that it’s pulling ALSA and all >> sorts of sound-related libraries (libsamplerate, etc.), which clearly is >> unnecessary in the installation image. That comes from the alsa-utils >> udev rules. We could remove those udev rules, but since they’re in >> %base-services, I chose not to do that to avoid breaking everyone’s >> config. for sure users should be warned of this important change, anyway I doubt any user using sound does not use %desktop-services (possibly customized) > I’m in favour of moving them elsewhere, such as %desktop-services. yes please: sound related services are not-so-base, we do not need them on installation/web/mail/DNS et. al servers (and containers) and it does not makes much sense to remove them an all that class of hosts/containers it makes sense - semantically speaking - to move sound to %desktop-services since we only need sound on desktops thanks! Gio -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures