Hiya Sirgazil, sirgazil wrote: > So, should one do the following instead? > > $ emacs ~/path/to/my-config.scm > Modify the file to your liking > $ guix pull && sudo guix system reconfigure > ~/path/to/my-config.scm Oh, it doesn't matter. This file can be whatever and wherever you want it to be (mine's /etc/guix/system.scm because eww ‘config’). It's in /etc by default since that's where most people will expect it and it's the Unixly-correct place to put system-wide configuration files, and this is the mother of all system-wide configuration files :-) Now, to be blunt, I don't think “The normal way to change the system configuration is by updating this file and re-running ‘guix system reconfigure’. One should never have to touch files in ‘/etc’[.]” can reasonably be read as self-contradictory, but if you want to add an ‘other’ at the end I don't think anyone will object! Kind regards, T G-R