zimoun writes: >> The benefit of "/" is that it works _incidentally_. If you are looking >> for "bin/hg", then `guix search bin/hg` will do the right thing. > > I agree. > > To be clear, to search the binary 'hg', I find clearer "guix search bin/hg". > However, to search any file which you do not the path, I find clearer > "guix search file:foo.h". To be clear, you don't need to know the path. It's enough to know the basename, e.g. `guix search /foo.h`. >> What I meant is that we already have a subcommand that outputs a >> property of the given packages, i.e. "guix size". If I'm not mistaken, >> there is no "guix package" flag that displays any property for the given >> packages. > > You are suggesting "guix size emacs --list-files", right? No, I'm saying that if we follow the current approach for printing our package properties, we should have guix list-files emacs -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/