Hi Ludo, Hope you're good :-) Ludovic Courtès writes: > Hi Alex! > > Alex Sassmannshausen skribis: > >> To this end, in the attached patch, I add a new variable for 0.5. My >> intention is to have 0.4.2 and 0.5 coexist for a while and then to >> switch fully to 0.5 in due course. >> >> >> Is this an acceptable way of doing a gradual transition to a backwards >> incompatible version of the library? > > Definitely! We’ve done that in the past for Guile-JSON, among others. > > Should we commit it on your behalf? Yes indeed, please go ahead! Cheers :) Alex > > Thanks, > Ludo’.