Marius Bakke skriver: > * guix/build/go-build-system.scm (build): Add '-trimpath' to the 'go install' > invocation. > (remove-store-references, remove-go-references): Remove procedures. > (%standard-phases): Don't include remove-go-references. > * gnu/packages/docker.scm (docker)[arguments]: Add the '-trimpath' option to > the build flags. Remove phase remove-go-references. > * gnu/packages/uucp.scm (nncp)[arguments]: Likewise. Some context for this patch, which I forgot to save before sending: I happened to rediscover and pulled out my yak shaving device again. This patch removes the custom 'remove-store-references' procedure in favor of the native '-trimpath' option to 'go install', as alluded to in the bug report as well as the build system commentary. I don't spot any difference in sizes from 'master' apart from one package: Docker. Docker explodes from 764.4 MiB to 1215.5 MiB with this patch even though it does use the '-trimpath' option. Perhaps -trimpath does not work as well with dynamically linked executables as it does for static? I'm willing to overlook this regression for now in favor of the reduced complexity, but comments welcome.