Zhu Zihao writes: […] > Interesting, It looks that these blobs are for Windows system. I don't > care about MS Windows, but blobs are tightly integrated in the source. > > The source reports that they're compiled from the source in contrib/MSR > Driver/Kernel. They're PE COFF format, If we want to compile it ourself, > we have to use mingw cross compiler. This increase the complexity of > build script. > > AFAIK, nix use libcpuid only in linux context. My idea is replace these > blobs with empty bytes. Maybe leave a note for who want mingw cross build. Does the current version 2.5.1 https://nixos.org/download.html contains those blobs? And in any case, could we update to 2.5.1 instead of 2.4?