Liliana Marie Prikler writes: [...] > Note, that this discussion started IIRC a year ago and we have > practically known about actually existing FSDG violations since then. > My approach here is quite simple and pragmatic: Remove the games which > obviously violate the FSDG (that is all the games currently depending > on ScummVM as far as I know) I totally agree with this simple and pragmatic solution, but the FSDG violation is not that games are distributed with a non-free license (IMHO the license of some or all games have the same legal effect of the SIL Open Font License v.1.1, that is considered free [1]) AFAIU the violation comes from the absence of the source code (or just the build tools?) to compile the game to ScummVM bytecode (other issues with the way games are compiled and distributed can be patched, AFAIU) IMO when removing teh games is very inportant to mention the motivation, since it will be useful for potential similar use cases. > but keep ScummVM for now to allow folks to experiment. If in some one > to five years we still find no practical way of using ScummVM with > only free software, that might be a reason to remove it then. Yes, keeping ScummVM is not a clear FSDG violation AFAIU Thanks all for the heads on! [1] albeit very poorly worded: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#SILOFL -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures