On 2023-09-13 20:06, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Hi, > > Andrew Tropin skribis: > >> In some previous threads on guix-devel/guix-patches I mentioned, that we >> will maintain home services for rde separately >> https://git.sr.ht/~abcdw/rde/tree/master/item/doc/decision-log/0004-rde-flavor-guix-services.org >> and thus all (most of) the home services coming to guix-patches won't be >> used by rde or me personally. Despite the fact that I would be glad to >> help with reviews, I already work hard (almost fulltime) on guix, guile >> and emacs ecosystem in parrallel to running from the war and probably >> reviewing home services on guix-patches is less valuable use of my time >> both for me and for the community. > > I’m disappointed that rde/Guix cooperation is a one-way street. That's probably a wrong statement. rde creates, integrates and innovates a bunch of good tools, tests and often upstreams them; contributes back a lot of changes and packages, popularizes and encriches guix and neighbour ecosystems and helps to finish stale projects/issues in guix mailing lists, ranging from Wayland, Emacs, Pipewire, iwd related to Tree-sitter, Guix Home and couple other non-trivial thing. rde definetly benifit from all the great work done in Guix, but it's kinda offensive to say that it's one-way street. > Then, for clarity and to avoid misunderstandings, perhaps you should > remove yourself from the Home team? > I guess this one I've already sent to you an year ago is still true: --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8--- However, I perfectly understand the reasons for Guix System style services and respect your descion and desire to stick with them. I mentioned that I'll maintain already existing rde style services in rde and it won't make sense for me to upstream most of them from rde to Guix, because it will mean almost complete rewrite for them. And this is another reason I don't participate in development of home services, because it will mean double or even triple work for me, however I keep an eye on patches you send, in most cases someone jumps in earlier with review, so I don't bother you with my comments. But development of Guix Home itself and the rest of Guix is a part of my interests. --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8--- I do want to get CCed on general Guix Home topics, I'm ok with getting CCed on other guix home patches and threads outside of my interests/workload capabilities. If you think that confusion is severe, we can split the team into Guix Home Core and Guix Home Services, however I don't think it makes a lot of sence. -- Best regards, Andrew Tropin