Hi, Remco van 't Veer writes: > I'd like to add a shepherd requirement to an existing service, as > provided by guix, to prevent it from starting before some other service > starts. > > For exampple: I have NAS which is very slow to start after a power > failure so I created a simple service to keep trying to mount an NFS > share until it succeeds. This share contains files shared through > syncthing, so I want syncthing to start after the NFS service is > started. How do you mount the NFS share? From my understanding, system services typically wait for all mounts listed in 'file-systems' to be mounted unless 'mount?' is specifically set to false. > Is there any way to do this apart from defining my own > syncthing-shepherd-service which includes the extra shepherd > requirement? To my knowledge, unless the service definition explicitly allows for it, there may not be an alternative approach aside from creating a custom syncthing-shepherd service that incorporates the additional shepherd requirement.